Amid the hype of the Olympic Games & Usain Bolt (was there anything else?), Nike launched a 17 day experiential marketing treat for the people of Manila in the form of the brilliant Nike Unlimited Stadium and #Unlimited marketing campaign.

You have to give it to them… Nike have done it, again.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwm1QvbOv64)

Designed in the shape of the sole of Nike’s LunarEpic Low Flyknit sneaker, featuring a fully interactive, digitally enabled 200m running track, the Unlimited Stadium was truly a piece of unlimited creative and innovative genius.

Aerial view of the incredible creative and innovation experiential zone.

Aerial view of the incredible creative and innovation experiential zone.

The campaign brought Nike experiences, products and services (like Nike+) together to inspire and enable runners to go beyond their limits. Much like the athletes defying expectations in Rio, Nike encouraged participants to push themselves.

I honestly think the folks at Nike and its ad agencies just wake up and say to themselves, “let’s do some insanely cool stuff today”.

The question is why… Why does Nike go to such lengths to deliver innovative experiences?

Unlimited Focus on the Experience

It’s no secret that we live in an age where we’re bombarded with marketing and advertising messages of every kind, and equally, it’s no secret that we’re tuning out… (When was the last time you could recall a memorable TV or YouTube ad?)

Brands, like Nike, need to do something differently to fight through the maelstrom of marketing clutter, to reach us as consumers and to grab, and hold, our attention. But how?

Two words: Experiential marketing.
(Not “unlimited money” mind you, although it’s just as accurate for big brands!)

Experiential marketing is the only way in which to immerse the consumer in a real and tangible brand experience.

More of the Ultimate Stadium.

More of the Ultimate Stadium.

This experience enables consumers to touch, taste, smell, hear and see your brand. It allows them to personally connect and engage. Furthermore, those involved are also much more likely to share their experience online.

EventTrack 2015, a study performed annually by the Event Marketing Institute (USA), found that 98% of respondents said that seeing a product or service marketed through an experiential marketing campaign would make them more inclined to purchase it. The other 2%? Probably hipsters. 😉

(Read at: https://www.factory360.com/4-experiential-marketing-statistics-you-should-know/)

Those numbers don’t comes as a surprise. You simply can’t replace physical interaction with a brand and/or product. It’s something which we just can’t get from social media, YouTube or a Google search.

Nike is a great example of a brand that consistently delivers innovative, technology-driven consumer experiences. Most of all, these experiences further endear us to the brand and what it stands for each time.

(It’s almost also a case of one step closer to purchasing Nike products, you can’t deny it…)

Unlimited Importance of Experiential Marketing to your Consumer

We live in an age of innovation and technology. We live in an age of experience, and of shared experience.

Being a millennial (!), I’ve come to the realisation that I can sum my life up as chasing an increasing  collection pile of experiences. Whether it’s traveling, festivals, the latest app (try Jaunt VR, amazing!), something extreme or new technology, I want to be able to experience what’s new and next.

I have the same expectations from the brands I know and love. I want experience, novelty and something memorable that I can share with my peers. Brands that don’t deliver an experience don’t get my attention, or love.

Experiential marketing at it's best!

Sorry, just can’t get enough!

Experiential marketing isn’t new.

Done the right way, it’s an avenue for consumers to understand your brand in a way that can’t be delivered by digital, TV, radio or apps. If you aren’t doing some form of experiential marketing, then how are you bringing your consumers one step closer to your brand? (Hint: contact us at Bold! Agency)

Innovation through technology… and a sprinkle of fun… is one way to create memorable consumer experiences.

Much like Nike, you just have to do it.

Swoosh.

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save